Dr. K. Takemoto gave a plenary talk on
\\\"Trend and future of industry on semiconductor materials
- current status and future on nitride semiconductor materials- \\\"
at the 5th education and research workshop on electronic devices, circuits, illumination and systems
See resyume in Japanese(PDF)
Address of New IRE Laboratory is as follows.
3-19, Nanasegawa Miyamaki, Kyoutanabe, Kyoto 610-0313, Japan
Office of IRE Laboratory, 311 was closed at D-egg.
Under the precise control of interface reaction, IRE laboratory aims at contribute human society.
Basic guideline 0f IREL
Under the precise control of interface reaction, IRE laboratory aims at contribute human society through the creation of a fundamental technology for economic consumption.of materials and energy.
High quality GaN group III nitrides epitaxial films on Si substrate are our target. The plasma assisted radio frequency molecular beam epitaxy (RF-MBE) growth using an interface reaction epitaxy by a MBE machine in a clean room of Doshisha University. IRE Laboratory invented a unique interface reaction epitaxial technique using a double buffer layer and an AlN on Si template for growth of GaN on Si substrate. IRE Laboratory is developing another growth method using interface control other than the MBE method and is supporting characterization of grown GaN filems.
Being based on a fundamental theory of crystal growth to improve a GaN on Si film quality, IER Laboratory develops the interface reaction epitaxy by a precise control of interface reaction using the activity modulation migration enhanced epitaxy (AM-MEE) with nitrogen atoms and excited nitrogen molecules.
- Development of MBE growth techniques for GaN on Si
- Production and sale of epitaxial films and electronic device structure films
- X-ray characterization of epitaxial films and epitxial devices
- Improvement of induction coupling re discharge cell
- Advice for development and usage of various film growth methods
- Production and sale of a crystal closest packing model.